Monday 27 May 2013

Patchwork Please

It goes around in blogland there is a book called "Patchwork Please" released. It is lovely. Usually I do not like to buy books. Most have just one or two projects I like but this one just came handy. So I made this hexagon as a little Thank You gift for a swap ...


... and the pincushion (already on the way to his new home) ....


... and finally I made this pouch. Ok, this one was really tricky as it did not work as I wanted it to  be. When I first saw this beautiful one made by Hadlflyingblindonarocketcycle.blogspot.comey I wanted to have one as gorgeous as this one ...


But I am not so happy with flowery fabrics. So I started to search the stash and hoped to find lovely little gnomes and girls there. It was not easy as the squares are really small. I could find five little pictures I to use and so I started. I tried to use solids for the stars and the last scraps I had with text on to make the "white squares". As I do not have a huge stash and somehow - do not ask me what I was thinking when I ordered this - there was a brown linen to use. So I cut and sew the outer peaks of the stars but when I sew them to the rest it looked so awful that I ripped it of and threw them in the corner. The only problem: the solids I used where from a charm pack so there were not enough left to do the peaks again. I am sorry I could not stick to the pattern and just sew a blue border around ...


Finally I used bright yellow and orange for the inside and a vinyl with a zip. It did not work out so bad after all but it is not what I wanted it to be. So I decided to sent it to someone who might like it. This is an other UFO I am sending of so be aware it might land at your doorstep ....


So now I am waiting patiently until I hear her scream! I am really worried as some letters did not arrive the last time ... so please fly fast to your new home!

8 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. I like your version of the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hexagon is wonderful, and I love the pouch! It's very different from Hadley's version, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little projects A!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! Bin gerade über deinen Blog gestolpert nd zutiefst beeindruckt!
    GLG
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some lovely projects there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I am the lucky recipient of the pouch. And it really is beautiful in reality. You have done such a fab job and should be very proud it came out so well - changing patterns is fine especially when it works out so nicely.

    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! So clever to adjust the pattern like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version of the pouch and Susan is very happy with it! The pin cushion and hexy badge are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete